Traditional Uses & Benefits
- Appetite suppressant
- Used as a natural anti-obesity herbal supplement
- Reduces cravings and assists in weight loss
- Can be used in combination with Sceletium Tortuosum to reduce stress and food cravings during periods of stress
The Sun tribe of the Kalahari Desert, in South Africa, discovered the Hoodia Gordonii plant. The San tribe used the Hoodia plant to suppress hunger and thirst during their hunting trips. People have also found that Hoodia boosts energy levels and assists in maintaining these levels. The San people used to peel the fingers of the plant, much like peeling a banana, to rid it of the thorns, and ate the bitter-tasting flesh. The Hoodia Gordonii plant resembles a cacti plant in its appearance with seasonal saucer-like flesh colored flowers. The plant grows exclusively in the desert climates of Southern African countries (i.e. South Africa and Namibia).
The active compound found in Hoodia Gordonii, namely P-57, works by sending signals to your brain informing it that you have sufficient energy resources (sugar). In this way the brain is tricked to think that you do not need to eat to increase your energy resources, thereby suppressing one's hunger. The herb works best when used in conjunction with a low calorie diet and regular exercise.
Please note : Hoodia Gordonii is a protected plant. Only licensed permit holders are allowed to grow, harvest and/ or sell Hoodia Gordonii legally. For Export, all Hoodia Gordonii products have to be accompanied by a CITES permit issued by the correct department. Please click on PERMITS in the menu to view our permits issued by the Western Cape Nature Conservation Board.
90 vegecap capsules
410mg per capsule
Suitable for vegetarians
Recommended Dosages for Adults and Children
Take 1 to 4 capsules with a glass of liquid 1 to 3 times a day with after meals.
The recommended dosages given are for Adults Only. The dosage for Children should be calculated in accordance with the child weight with the weight of the average weight of an adult (see example below)
20 kg / 80 kg = ¼ of the adult dose
40 kg / 80 kg = ½ of the adult dose
*For extreme cases the highest dosage should be followed
*Use in combination with Cayenne-Complex. Cayenne-Complex is an herbal carrier. *Use in combination with Green Rooibostea with Buchu
Dosage is depended on the individual persons metabolism, it is recommended to start with 1 capsule in the morning before breakfast and increase the dosage if the effect does not last the entire day.
General Warning when using Hoodia Gordonii
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- Safety in pregnancy and lactation has not been established and this product is therefore not recommended for pregnant or nursing mothers
- If you have a medical condition or taking any medication, consult a healthcare professional prior to use
- This product does not purport to be a medicine and makes no claims. Always consult a medical practitioner before taking any dietary supplement, and or if any side effects occur.