Traditional Uses & Benefits
- Uplifts the mood
- Decrease anxiety, stress and tension
- Natural anti-depressant
- Also used as a mild appetite suppressant in combination with Hoodia Gordonii
Sceletium Tortuosum is a small groundcover plant native to Southern Africa. Sceletium tortuosum is a succulent groundcover plant indigenous to the Western and Eastern Cape Provinces of South Africa. For hundreds of years the hunter-gatherer tribes of Southern Africa used Sceletium tortuosum as a mood enhancer and sedative. The herbs is also widely known as Kanna, Canna or Kauwgoed, Kougoed and Ganna.
Sceletium tortuosum contains nine known alkaloids including mesembrine, mesembrenone, mesembrenol and tortuosamine. Mesembrine is known for its central nervous system effects and appears to be a potent serotonin uptake inhibitor that allows for the effective use for anxiety and problems of depression.
60 vegecap capsules
200mg per capsule
Suitable for vegetarians
Recommended Dosages for Adults and Children
Take 1 to 4 capsules with a glass of liquid 1 to 3 times a day with after meals.
The recommended dosages given are for Adults Only. The dosage for Children should be calculated in accordance with the child weight with the weight of the average weight of an adult (see example below)
20 kg / 80 kg = ¼ of the adult dose
40 kg / 80 kg = ½ of the adult dose
*For extreme cases the highest dosage should be followed.
General Warning when using Sceletium Tortuosum
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- Safety in pregnancy and lactation has not been established and this product is therefore not recommended for pregnant or nursing mothers
- If you have a medical condition or taking any medication, consult a healthcare professional prior to use
- Do not drive vehicle or operate machinery after taking this product
- This product does not purport to be a medicine and makes no claims. Always consult a medical practitioner before taking any dietary supplement, and or if any side effects occur.